Monday, February 2, 2009

A Son Like Bart

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. (Genesis 3:6-9)

I've always wondered what would have happened if Adam would have told his wife, no. Would it have stopped there? Would it have made a difference if he would have said, "look God told us not to touch that fruit, let's go to Him right now and handle this". I'm sure that I maybe way off on this, I'm not saying that it would have changed anything, but that's just a little Vern theology, kind of some "V-eology", which you may not even want to taken with a grain of salt.

I've noticed that when Eve took the first bite, nothing happened…but when Adam took it, then it says, "The eyes of them both were opened". Now ladies don't hear me wrong, I don't believe for one second that you are insignificant or not a person to be considered. I just see that God placed the man at the head…hold on now, don't lynch me yet…I believe that God wants us as men to be the head of our homes, not to be slave drivers or kings, but to love & take care of our wives & children. To love our wives as Christ does the church, enough to die for her. I believe that men should take a stand in their marriages, a stand for the Lord & lead their families in a walk with Christ.

I think that there are way too many "Good Ol' Boys" out there that think that a night out with the guys is more important than time spent with family. Now I'm not saying that men can't do things with their friends, but if it takes away from the family then, yea it's wrong.

I was on a trip a while back, it was mostly guys, but it seemed that nothing could be done without beer. It was like a bunch of teenagers who got away from mom & dad for a little while. How old am I? LOOK!!! IT WASN'T COOL WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER & GUESS WHAT, IT AIN'T COOL NOW. I thought it was, but I also thought that I was smarter than my dad & that I wanted a life like one of these burnt out rockers on behind the music...heck I thought Georgia Championship Wrestling was real.

We need, as men in America, to grow up & act like real men. I'm not saying in any way that I am some great, "never sin or mess up" kind of guy, but we need to strive to be like Christ, not Homer Simpson. What we do now as fathers will affect our children for life. If you strive to live a Godly life, expect a son who strives to live a Godly life. If we strive to live like Homer, expect a son like Bart. I am in no way saying that your child will do everything perfect & never mess up, but I can promise you this...I am not perfect either, but unless I expect my son to do well, he probably won't. It for sure will be a more Difficult road for him if he can't respect his on father.

I hope that we can start teaching boys from a young age to be morally responsible. Show them how to treat women with respect, how to speak without cussing, how to keep your cool in any situation, how to live a life without alcohol, etc… We start that and you'll see a world change. If boys will learn to become true men of God, the ladies will follow their lead.

If you are not happy with the way your life has gone so far, the best time to make a change is right now!

Vern

No comments:

"God of This City"