Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm A Finger

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.”
(John 10:27-28)

Dr. J Vernon McGee tells of a dear little lady, who talking about the assurance of her salvation, she once said, “Nobody can take me out of His hand.” Someone replied, “Well, you might slip through His fingers.” And she said, “Oh my no, I couldn’t slip through His fingers; I am one of His fingers”.

Some do not give God much credit when it comes to being able to secure someone eternally. “I mean yea He can create the world from nothing in six days , take the dust of the earth, breathe a breath of life into it & make man, He is King of kings & Lord of lords, but save someone & keep them saved…come on.” But that is the way some think. Look God is God & what else do you need to know. Jesus said in John 10, that those that His Father gives Him will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of His hand. We my friend, if you have accepted Christ as Lord & Savior, are saved & saved forever. You did nothing to earn or deserve your salvation & you can do nothing to keep it or lose it. God gave it to you, you accepted it & he sealed you with the Holy Spirit to guarantee your salvation: “In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory”
(Ephesians 1:13-14)
.

Remember what the lady said, “I couldn’t slip through His fingers; I am one of His fingers”, when we accept Christ, we not only are saved from the wrath that is to come…the Lake of Fire & total separation from God, but we become part of the body of Christ
(Romans 12:5)
, & our eternal security lies totally with Him.


Are you a part of the Body of Christ? If not you can be today…repent & turn to Jesus Christ for salvation, make your life secure, let death, be a thing of the past…death is no worry, when you know that you or your loved one will live on
(1 Corinthians 15:55). Jesus wants us to know that we are saved, not hope that we are, not wish that we are, but know…“These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13)
& in knowing, is true freedom to live for God & follow His will.


Vern

No comments:

"God of This City"