Saturday, May 12, 2012

Great Tools


“Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone.
(1 Corinthians 12:4-6)


All tool companies seem to believe that they have the best tools. The best screwdriver to the best nail gun, they all believe they have the best, but what really makes them the best tools? You can take any tool and place it in my hands and it surly wouldn’t make it the best…or even a good one. 

A chisel and hammer in my hands, you’ll get a chipped up piece of stone that looks like a chipped up piece of stone. But in the hands of Michelangelo it would become a David. A circular saw in my hands and you will have some miss-cut boards and bad measurements. But in the hands of Bob Vila, you’ll have a beautiful home. It’s not the tool that is great when it’s just lying there not being used, or even in the hands of a novice…it’s when that tool hits the hands of a master craftsman that it becomes a great, useful tool.

My life in my hands…an awful mess, but in the hands of the Master Craftsman, you will have a useful tool. Jesus takes my life of nothing and before He ever starts He sees what He wants me to be and do. 

When I see what Michelangelo & Bob Vila have done and do, I don’t fully understand how they do it. They take a stone or a pile of lumber and make something beautiful. The tools they used never talked back to them, told them how to sculpt, build or ever jumped up on their own and did the work…they are useless without the craftsman. I don’t fully understand how Jesus takes my life and does what He does. But the good thing is, I don’t have to fully understand it…just enjoy it. Put your life in His hands and see what He does with you. 

Vern

No comments:

"God of This City"