Thursday, December 18, 2008

Homeless Joseph

I was listening to a song this morning that talked about Mary & Joseph going to the Inn & being turned away. It made me realize something…Joseph wasn’t poor, he wasn’t homeless…they didn’t turn him away because he couldn’t pay…but because they had no room. So if Jesus was born to a family who wasn’t poor & homeless, had an earthly dad who worked for a living & provided for his family, why the stable? Why the manger? Why a dark, cold, unclean & unworthy place for the King of kings & Lord of lords to be born?
Like the song I heard, I believe it was symbolic…symbolic of the heart of man. The Chorus said the heart of man is just like that stable, “dark, cold & unclean, & although they are unworthy, they are chosen for the presents of the King”. I don’t know about you, but me…my heart was & often is even now a “stable”…but thank God, the King dwells in me, He brought cleansing, warm light into that dark, cold & unclean place & makes it worthy…He justifies it, before God. The big question is…does He dwell in you or have you told Him, there is no room?

Vern

No comments:

"God of This City"