Monday, December 22, 2008

What If I Just Close My Eyes & Sing To Jesus?

"Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
(Luke 18:17)

Shane our music minister at church Sunday morning, brought our congregation a wonderful gift for Christmas, he played the guitar while his young daughter sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus" at the end of our service. His daughter is very shy, so I was shocked that she would sing in front of such a crowd, but she did without a problem. It was a great service & that was a wonderful way to end it.
Though the song was wonderful, the story that was told just before she sang was the best part. Shane said, "I told her before we practiced this morning that if she got nervous she could just look at me. She looked back at me and said, 'if I get nervous, what if I just close my eyes and sing to Jesus?"
"Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all." As we grow as Christians we need to no longer be childish or immature. But we are to never lose the honesty, love & humbleness of a child.

Vern

No comments:

"God of This City"